On 17.07.2006, at 10:02 , Alexandru-Cristian Sarbu wrote:

> I've tested the DA 16-45 f/4 (btw are you also dissapointed by it's
> construction? There is a huge play in the focusing ring and the
> barrel, almost as in the FA 28-80 f/3.5-5.6)  with my MZ-6, after AF
> locked, I was able to turn the focus ring, but only in one direction.
That's funny, as I handled three various DA 16-45 and there was very
little play in extended barrel and there was no play at all in the
focusing ring which acted very nicely - perhaps not as good as in MF
lenses, but much better than in FA zooms or for instance Nikon AF-S
24-85/3.5-4.5. Anyway its build quality is much better than of non-
star FA zooms. Maybe your test sample was broken??? :-)

Cheers,
Sylwek