In a message dated 7/23/2006 5:51:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Very good for car buffs, very bad for air quality.
Older cars can generate 10X as much emmissions.
The best thing to clean up air polution in the US
would be to put a bounty on old, beater cars.
Regards,  Bob S.
=======
Maybe. I actually think the classic car enthusiasts are a minority and drive
their cars pretty infrequently. I've never seen THAT many on the road -- it
will just be one now and then. But, yes, I think it's true that emission
controls do not apply to cars older than a certain year. Not sure what that
year is.
And I am not totally sure about that even, I know it was once true. But I also
know that California's Clean Air Laws are stricter than a lot of other states.

Clueless on this. Someone else might know. But good point.

Marnie aka Doe