From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Godfrey DiGiorgi
Sent: 11 August 2006 19:04
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: K110D - Why bother?

On Aug 11, 2006, at 4:38 AM, Richard Day wrote:

> Hi Godders, hi Cotty!

Heya Richard! Welcome to PDMHell! Didn't realize you were lurking here. :-)

> The new software does actually have some advances over the previous
> issues.
> The new Photo Lab raw converter does have additional features hidden
> in the View menu for more options, i.e. lens correction, noise
> reduction, CA and vignetting, etc., functionallity seems to lay
> between the full Silkypix and the free version.
>
> The converted DNG is uncompressed so has no file size advantage over
> the PEF's, however you can re-run the Adobe converter on the Pentax
> made DNG's and losslesly compress them to save space.
> What is bizarre is that Pentax browser may be able to convert to DNG,
> but it doesn't display them! How daft is that?

This description does not make me feel any better about Pentax'
supplied software. Seems a waste of my time.

I'll stick with Photoshop+Bridge+Camera Raw, or Lightroom, or Iridient's RAW
Developer. I didn't like working with Silkypix very much based on their
evaluation version, and haven't seen that anything Pentax supplied so far
was worth wasting my disk space on.

I've already calibrated ACR to my own preferences so what the heck... ?

Godfrey