On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:59:24 +0100, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
>
>> I don't see any reason to shoot you down over Silkypix. I did a bit
>> of testing with it and found it produces good results, but so do
>> several other RAW converters. In the end, with adequate experience
>> and skill, they all converge onto very very similar output. I didn't
>> like the user interface and operation enough that it was not worth my
>> time to become expert at it.
>
> I've heard that kind of comment from a lot of people who've tried
> Silkypix. Does the Pentax software use the same interface or just the
> conversion engine behind it?

This is very much a horses for courses situation.  I use Capture One for
RAW conversion, but have been thinking of getting Silkypix because I
prefer its interface (and the output quality).  I find it much more
intuitive than C1, and I hate all Adobe interfaces (PS, Premiere,
Acrobat).  But, partly because I hate them, I haven't invested enough time
in them to learn to love them.

With software, what you know is what you like, and what you like is what
you learn to know.

John

John