On Aug 17, 2006, at 10:51 PM, Aaron Reynolds wrote:

> Real Epson service call, in which I was apparently
> the first person ever to require a replacement waste ink tank -- it
> wasn't user changeable because they figured no one would fill one in
> the lifetime of the printer.  On all the new models it's
> user-replaceable.)

That's one thing that annoys me about the 2100/2200.  Next time the
waste pad fills up I'm probably going to drill a hole in the bottom
of the printer under the waste-ink hose, and I'll mount my own sponge-
in-a-container underneath it.

I've only had to clean out the pad once, and the disassembly isn't
something I'm looking forward to repeating.

I have had the heads clog a few times but as others have said, if you
print regularly you shouldn't have any problems.  I've found that one
8x10 a week is sufficient for my printer.

- Dave