--- Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Most of my A, F and FA series lenses have never been
> taken off the A
> setting since I bought them, and I shoot almost 95%
> of the time with
> the camera in Aperture Priority exposure mode.

With the lens on "A" you're actually shooting in
Shutter Priority AE mode.

In any event...

While all of what you say is true I will "never" buy a
lens without an aperture ring. It just doesn't feel
like photography to me at that point. There are
certain things, no matter how advanced or tweaked the
technology gets, that I just can't do without. The
feel of an SLR in my hands without a way to manually
set the f-stop on the lens is just icky to me.

But then I drink all of my scotch neat and my guitar
amp is all tube so I just like things a certain way.

Plus, I almost never shoot in Shutter Priority.
Usually, when I want a particular shutter speed, I
either adjust the lens (keeping DOF in mind) until I
find it or go to manual exposure. Besides, for me, the
automation works so much better adjusting the f-stops
to the correct exposure than setting the lens to "A"
and having to reach awkwardly to set the shutter speed
dial.

-Brendan