On Aug 21, 2006, at 9:21 AM, Joseph Tainter wrote:

> The FA* 24 F2 is one of those controversial lenses. ... I had
> bought it for use in
> low light. ...

The FA35/2 and FA50/1.4 are my low-light lenses at present. Would be
nice to have a 24-28 f/2 lens, but I'm too leery of the FA*24 to be
interested.

> Reports are that the CA problem can be corrected in software. I can't
> attest to this.

Most Red-Green and Yellow-Blue CA can be corrected with Camera Raw
pretty easily. The necessity of having to do it is a bit of a pain,
and correction is never perfect.

> If you don't need speed, the DA 21 F3.2 is an alternative. Or, as
> Godfrey mentioned, the FA 20-35 F4 is very nice.

The DA21 is one of the few lenses now living on my "wanted" list, for
its small size and excellent performance. I'll probably buy it with
the 10Mpixel body when that comes available.

Please, Pentax: a DA28/2 lens that is compact and high quality. I
promise I'll buy one. :-)

Godfrey