In a message dated 8/21/2006 1:23:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I currently shoot ME Super with 35-105 f/3.5 and 70-210 f/4 but would
rather move
to auto-focus since I not too sure if I can use MF lenses without any
manual focus assist on the K100D.

Thanks a lot!
Gaurav
=========
Stupid question on this list, everyone is going to tell you the K100D is
better. :-)

I have the Canon 300D and like it quite a bit. However, the 350D (Digital
Rebel XT) is supposed to have the worst viewfinder of probably all the Canon
DSLRs. Worse than the 300D. It's why I never upgraded from 6mp to 8mp (at the
lower end).

Whereas most of the Pentaxes have pretty decent viewfinders. And if you read
dpreview of both the 300D and the 350D it's pretty clear the bump up from 6mp
to 8mp is not really significant enough to make much of a difference. The
image quality is pretty much the same in other words.

The AS (anti-shake) of the K100D, if it works as advertised, would make it
the clear winner. If you don't think so just price some of the Canon IS (image
stabilization, same as AS) lenses out there. Current Canon IS capabilities is
limited to specific expensive lenses, since it doesn't come with the camera.

But bear in mind Canon is supposed to release a new Digital Rebel version
before the end of this year, possibly at Photokina in September. No one knows
yet
what that will offer. But I am not expecting camera body IS or AS. However,
it might have an improved viewfinder.

Marnie