I'm not insisting on FF, but I expect Pentax to introduce FF as soon as
1.) the technology permits a cost effective FF camera. or 2.) Pentax
builds it's user base enough to sell a super flagship, (I won't call it
professional), body, and expect to sell enough of them for it to at
least recover production costs.  The former will spell the end of new DA
lenses.

Paul Stenquist wrote:

>They haven't backed themselves into a corner. They made a business
>decision based on sensor cost vs. the quality that could be achieved
>with APS-C. Based on the way things are going in terms of both new
>products and sales, it looks like they made the right decision. The
>only brigade that's screaming like stuck pigs is that small group
>that continues to insist that they must have full frame, yet refuse
>to buy from companies that sell full frame.
>Paul
>On Aug 22, 2006, at 5:46 PM, Digital Image Studio wrote:
>

>>On 23/08/06, Tom C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>>Do you mean like when they decided to go with APS-C and call the
>>>new lenses
>>>'digital lenses'? Which all the mfrs, did as a means to get into
>>>the DLSR
>>>market quickly, cut costs on DSLR production, and sell a wagonload
>>>of new
>>>lenses?
>>>
>>>Like that? :-)
>>>

>>Yep, pretty much. :-/
>>
>>I guess part of the problem with moving forward at this point is that
>>they've backed themselves into a corner to a degree, moving to full
>>frame sensor technologies will have the cropped lens brigade screaming
>>like stuck pigs.
>>
>>--
>>Rob Studdert
>>HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
>>Tel +61-2-9554-4110
>>UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio//publications/
>>Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998
>>
>>--
>>PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
>>PDML@pdml.net

Its easy to understand why the cat has eclipsed the dog as modern America's
favorite pet. People like pets to possess the same qualities they do. Cats are
irresponsible and recognize no authority, yet are completely dependent on
others for their material needs. Cats cannot be made to do anything useful.
Cats are mean for the fun of it

P. J. O'Rourke