Also, note that on the implementation (PC side) of SD readers, you
will get a dedicated chip connected by USB or Firewire which is
necessary to read an SD.

A CF reader *can* be passive because CF is based of IDE standard. I
can put a CF card (type1 or 2) on a very simple adapter (needs only
power) and put it on an IDE cable in any PC. And boot on it of course
and yes it does work well and even recognizes brand/models..

A side effect of this is that CF is supposed to be able to go up to
137GB. SDHC if I remember well is planned up to 32GB, not more.

Also SDHC is incompatible with SD: of course SDHC uses now FAT32 but
that's not the only difference. Even high capacity SD are not
compatible with some readers. And ther's nothing to let me think that
it will be different with SDHC. There's no such thing with CF.

So it is perfectly possible (speculation of course) that if I (or
anybody) buy an SDHC reader now, I have NO garantee that it will read
SDHC from 2 years later. What a crap!

A CF reader will if the PC can read FAT32. Simple as that..

Just my 2 cents.