On 24/08/06, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On an APS-C digital camera, I'd bet my DA 12-24 will outperform any
> of those lenses. I think  you're looking at things through the fog of
> your discontent.

The A20/2.8 isn't a superb performer on the *ist D but the A15/3.5 is
very good and the A16/2.8 is superb and is particularly easy to
convert to a rectilinear view to provide excellent WA coverage. They
are all of course faster than the zooms which I appreciate. I've never
been a fan of zooms and I wish to retain full frame coverage so that I
can use my lenses with my remaining film cameras. Lastly of course
I've no wish to plough yet more cash than I already have into Pentax
glass.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA