----- Original Message -----
From: "K.Takeshita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>However, Sony brand
> should be really at work here.

Interestuing to see how Sony will fare in the future. My understanding is
that the Sony brand is quite strong in Japan and in the US. However, in the
rest of the world Sony is just another anonymous consumer electronics
manufacturer, most known for entry products like the walkman, with no more
brand status (if any) than Panasonic, Samsung, Sanyo or anyone else. So I
can't see they will sell much on the brand name alone. They have a far
weaker brand recognition than Nikon and Canon and even Pentax.

Pål