> > What the pros are using, and particular the photo
> > journalists, are less important now for brand recognition
>
> I had two different sports photographers ask me on Tuesday
> what I knew
> about the new Pentax bodies after seeing that I was shooting with
> Pentax.
>
> The game was actually quite eventful, so we didn't get a lot
> of time to
> chat about it.  But I find it interesting that the question even
came
> up.

Photojournalists that I know or have spoken to are always interested
in who's using what and why. It's important for them to have an edge
on the competition, so if they see someone using something
unconventional they want to know what benefit it is giving them. Over
recent years the range of different types of camera that
photojournalists use seems to me to have expanded significantly. I
know one guy who shot 4x5 in a war zone. A few of them are using
square format, or (as Shel posted some time ago) 'consumer' digicams.
They want their work to look different and to stand out from the herd.

Regards,
Bob