On Aug 24, 2006, at 11:59 AM, Tom C wrote:

>> On Aug 24, 2006, at 10:53 AM, Tom C wrote:
>>> That's not true at all.  How can you make a judgement like that?
>>
>> By interpreting what I read on this list. It's my opinion: I can form
>> whatever opinion I want from the evidence in front of me.
>>

> So now you know your formed opinion may be wrong. :-)
>
> And by your logic, what's wrong with other's evaluating the
> evidence and
> stating their opinion?
>
>> You may disagree with that opinion, but it doesn't change the fact
>> that this is how it sounds to me from reading all these bs postings
>> and rants.

As I said, directly above. An opinion is an opinion.

>> If you "can't afford to run out and buy a new camera system everyday"
>> what does it matter that Pentax "should have been concentrating on
>> getting more innovative products to market sooner"?
>
> Because if they had a higher spec'd body it wouldn't be a whole new
> system,
> and maybe I can afford that.  Yes I realize you don't consider
> camera gear
> an investment, but some of us may buy 5 DLSR's, some 2, some only
> 1.  So
> making the choice that's right for us individually is important.

And evidently you feel that what you bought was not the right choice?
or perhaps I'm reading too much into your negativity.

> As Jack Davis adeptly realized and pointed out, I'm not bashing the
> physical
> Pentax product.  I'm commenting on Pentax's strategy and
> marketing.  I'm
> wondering how their decisions of the past and present will affect
> their
> future.

As I've said, I like their developmental strategy.

I have no opinion about their marketing. Neither do I care about any
other camera manufacturers' marketing. That's their business. I hope
Pentax is successful and stay in business as I do like their
products, but they're success has nothing whatever to do with whether
their equipment does the job I want when I buy it.