On 28/08/06, Douglas Newman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is why I have little respect these days for
> Leica. It seems to me that they build cameras only for
> rich camera collectors, not for actual photographers.
>
> I cannot respect any camera that is manufactured
> specially to sit in someone's collection, rather than
> to actually be used as a camera. For that matter, even
> as a collectible, I do not see the value of a camera
> made specially to be collected - it is as though the
> camera has not "earned" the right to be a valuable
> collectible!

It's up to the purchaser to buy a collectible or not, a user can buy a
bog stock body, granted they are expensive but not unreasonably so.
I'm just glad that the collector market is there otherwise they'd have
bit the dust long ago. BTW my most used and beaten M body was a
"collectible" Titanium/Ostrich leather beauty which I travelled the
world with me slung over my shoulder.

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/temp/P9302147m.JPG

--
Rob Studdert