Hi listers,

Well, I've finally succumbed and got myself an LX. I have to be honest,
and say that I thought I wasn't going to be that impressed, having used
MXs for years. How wrong I was! It is thoroughly and utterly the most
impressive camera I have handled and used (Canon, Nikon, Mamiya, etc etc)
- it simply exudes quality. When I first got hold of an MX I had similar
feelings, and I suppose to some extent, it's happening again, but I can
see improvements over the MX (auto exp notwithstanding) design aplenty.

It's in fantastic condition, owing to PDMLister Jerome Vila who lives in
La Belle France. And it's recently had a full CLA - the clincher for my
wanting to purchase. No dents or scratches, only the slightest of signs
of use. With an FA-1 finder and a Grip B included, I can tell you that
I'm over the moon. Alors, merci beaucoup Jerome.

And so, after 22 years of faithful service, my main MX is being retired
for a while - battered and brassed as it is. The other MX is in much
better condition and will be used as the 2nd body.

Finally, a couple of questions -

1. With a grip attached, what do LXers do to attach a strap - and *don't*
want to hang it vertically (using the two free lugs) ?

2. Has anyone got a motordrive LX that's doing nothing, and wish to
consider selling?

Many thanks,
Cotty

(digest reader, so on a time delay - all offers responded to
eventually...)