I've recently acquired an LX and share your views.  I was looking at Nikon F3's but decided to find an equivalent camera that would fit my K-mount lenses.  I have never seen a better full-system camera than the LX!

"1. With a grip attached, what do LXers do to attach a strap - and *don't* want to hang it vertically (using the two free lugs) ?"

straps are a pain, I'm glad to get on without it!

"2. Has anyone got a motordrive LX that's doing nothing, and wish to
consider selling?"

Ahhhhhhh; motor drives!  eBay gets one now and then but they are ALWAYS pricey!

Christian Skofteland
System Administrator
ServerVault Inc.
"Securing the Internet"