----- Original Message -----
From: "K.Takeshita" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> So my real vote is no USM capability for the K100D :-).
> Many people might wish this be wrong and I have absolutely no foundation
> in
> predicting anything on this.

The problem I have with this is that it is at odds with Pentax naming policy
where you can infer compatibility from the name of the product. It is
reasonable to assume that when Pentax was about to release a new series of
cameras anyway why not use a naming policy that singles out USM compatible
models?
If The K100D is not compatible theres no way for the customer to see which
K-series cameras are compatible and which are not unless looking at the
specifications. The A-lenses were compatible with the A series. The F-
lenses with the "F" bodies (SFX etc..). FA lenses with the (P)Z-series,
wheres the new USM lenses are compatible with only sone K-series cameras. If
it is so, it is very confusing.