On 9/3/06, Kostas Kavoussanakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Sep 2006, P. J. Alling wrote:
> > We don't know why the holes are only
> > a promise and rumor of some kind of in lens motor.
>
> Were they there in the -D/DS/DL? If not, it's reintroduction.

They're not on the D.

Someone at dpreview posted shots from a Japanese site where the "cover
plate" inside the lens mount had been removed on their K100D, and
below were 2 resin filled holes. That "cover plate" cannot be found on
any previous Pentax DSLR, so it's a reintroduced feature.

All will be officially revealed in 11 days.

Dave