At 07:58 AM 9/14/2006, you wrote:
>Message: 2
>Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:08:26 +0200
>From: Peter Smekal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: K 30/2.8 the poor mans FA 31/1.8
>To: pdml@pdml.net
>
>Hi folks,
>I am thinking about buying a 'normal' prime lens for my istD. One obvious
>choice might be the much praised FA 31/1.8. It's quite expensive however. I
>have the chance to one of those old K 30/2.8-lenses for a good price, but
>... Is the FA 31 worth saving and waiting for?

Like many I find the K30/2.8 to be worth more than it is priced.
My other lens of choice on digital i the A35/2.  After that is the FA50/1.4.
I'd like to shoot with a 31/1.8 just to compare the results with reality.
(Anyone got one I can borrow/rent for a couple of weeks?)

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
http://www.brendemuehl.net
http://evangelicalperspective.blogspot.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
                                                 -- Jim Elliott