>I think my LX is in great condition.  For what I paid (much below others
>I've seen) it looks, feels, operates as if new.  My idea of an MX for backup
>is that the MX is FULLY mechanical with the batteries only needed for the
>meter and exposure control is full manual, with no auto modes.  Yes, the
>LX's shutter works without batteries from X-1/2000.

Christian, IMHO the MX is a great backup body - in fact for 22 years I've
used them as MAIN bodies and in that time I've never had a problem with
one of them, and the other one needed a minor adjustment. Of course, this
isn't to say that MXs don't have their fair share of problems, but I
doubt that they are 'not that reliable' as one contributor put it. In
fact, because the batteries only power the meter, I would say that the MX
is more reliable!

FWIW,

Cotty