The OP believes it, that's the point of my comment.  In this instance, it's
not important that it's true or not, the OP believes it to be true.
Personally, I don't know, but if I believed that your religion, i.e.,
personal belief, prohibited you from having your picture taken, and
especially if you waved me off when I pointed a camera in your direction,
I'd just not press the shutter release.  The world is filled with photo
possibilities.

Shel