In a message dated 9/27/2006 5:24:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Q. Specifically how are you going to increase the lens lineup?
A. In the new lens road map, 10 lenses are shown, which will become
available in 2007.  However, we know these are too small a number.  We are
going to launch far larger number of lenses.  Our origin is optics, and we
are determined to accelerate our lens offering capability now.  We are in
the process of completing such capabilities in response to the needs by
customers.

Q. Are there any quantitative targets or goals?
A. Sony are said to announce additional 21 lenses.  This is a very ambitious
plan.  However, we wish to do more than they do.  I cannot tell you any
specific target now, but the determination exists and I intend to proceed
with more restructuring to beef up the lens development capability.
========
I am very glad to hear they realize they need more new lenses. This was my
one major concern in switching back. Of course, talk is one thing, and actual
production is another, but it does sound like they are committed to improving
their lens lineup.

Good news!

Marnie aka Doe :-)