I think if you shoot at the meter reading with the D, it can be noisy
at 800 or above. If you plus a half stop of exposure comp, the D is
extremely noise free. As I said before, it's not as noisy as my co-
worker's 20D. But maybe she's underexposing. Exposure seems to be the
key, at least with the Pentax.
Paul