----- Original Message -----
From: "J and K Messervy"
Subject: Re: Pentax medium formats

> Am I right in assuming the 645 frame is 6cm x 4.5 cm while the 67 is 6
> cm x
> 7 cm?  That makes the 645 nearly square.  Is the 645 inferior due to
> its
> size?  I'm mainly thinking of landscape shots.

6x7 is closer to square than 645.
When proofing, we printed 6x7 to a 4x5 inch print with little cropping,
6x4.5 is a 2:3 aspect, and so prints to a more familiar 4x6.
Other than my own prediliction about negative orientation in the
enlarger, no, 645 is fine. I expect that with modern films and
reasonable print size expectations, the two formats will be pretty close
to indistinguishable in print.

William Robb