> From: Michel Carrère-Gée <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/10/05 Thu AM 05:25:26 GMT
> To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: Re: Need some help with lens reasembly...
>
> mike wilson a écrit :
> > Matt Kelch wrote:
> >

> >> In trying to disassemble a lens I accidentally dislodged a few parts
> >> without getting a good look at how they went together and where they
> >> went.  I would greatly appreciate any help.  BTW, it is a SMC PENTAX-A
> >> 70-210mm lens.
> >>
> >> http://www.vulc4n.com/images/lens1.jpg
> >> http://www.vulc4n.com/images/parts.jpg
> >>

> > Welcome to hours of fun!
> >
> > If you search the archives (you might have to go to mailarchive rather
> > than the pdml ones) for "A50/1.7", you should find a thread about
> > replacing these very parts.  There was a link to a diagram in there,
> > somewhere.
> >
> Heere:
> http://pentax-manuals.com/manuals/service/servicemanuals.htm

That's the rascal.  I was a bit busy yesterday to look for it.  The password
needs a capital P.

If you look at parts 506, 508 and 509, they are the ones you want to refit,
along with the detent ball and spring on the opposite side.  They will go in
place on the main lens body and the aperture ring will slip over them.  If
only....  You might as well, at the same time, try to knit a Fair Isle pullover
with your toes, cook a Cordon Bleu meal and present a TV programme for all the
chance of success you have of assembling at first go.  Unless you are the sort
of person that everyone hates.

Persevere.  Sooner or later it will all fall (ha!!) into place.  At which point
you will dismantle it to make sure.

mike

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software