>> Maybe it reads the focal length from the lens to set the antishake
>> profile, but with a K/M lens it just uses a generic setting?
>>

> With the A series it doesn't read the focal length either.  Only F and
> FA (and newer) can it read focal length.  That's what is really weird.
> You'd expect K/M/A to act the same.  Whatever...

Come on guys, this has been discussed myriad times around here.  When you
put a K/M/A lens on the K100D or K10D, a screen pops up when you turn on the
camera that allows you to select the lens' focal length.

The only way the camera would know the lens' focal length is if the lens had
a way of electronically communicating with the camera, which K/M/A lenses do
not have.  Once you tell the camera what lens you're using, you get full
Shake Reduction functionality.

John Celio
(pays attention)

--

http://www.neovenator.com

AIM: Neopifex

"Hey, I'm an artist.  I can do whatever I want and pretend I'm making a
statement."