At 08:14 PM 9/4/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>From: tom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Imagine a completely grainless 11x14 shot at 3200...
>
>Hey Tom,
>
>Can you explain this to me. I have a hard time understanding why one would
>want a grainless 11X14 shot at 3200.

For the same reasons you'd ever want a grainless 11x14....actually I'm not
thinking about grain per se, but the look of a film like Delta 100 or
Provia. Imagine shooting Provia at 3200 and having it look like you shot it
at 100.

>When I think of of ISO 3200, I think
>"nightime" and "grainy."

Me too. Just think "nightime", "grainless", and "sharp".

Or maybe they'll get crazy and jack it up to ISO 12500...who knows? My only
point, assuming I have one, is that we only talk about digital capture in
terms of it being "as good as film". If they could jack up the sensitivity
5 or 6 stops, then, in some objective sense, it would be better.

Right now digital can't compete with film at higher ISO's, and that's why
I'm not buying into it yet. That and the fact that being laid off screws up
the camera budget.

tv