From: Joseph Tainter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pdml@pdml.net
Subject: Re: Pentax Japan delays K10D release date
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:15:51 -0700

Reports/rumors elsewhere were that:

1. Pentax was still working on the firmware until a few days ago.
2. Production assembly started on 11 October.

If true, and it sounds like the reports were, this delay was inevitable.

The line about having enough cameras in stock to ship at once sounds
like spin to me. Pentax has been doing everything possible in recent
years to avoid warehousing costs. So now warehousing is a virtue?

Now it looks like Pentax will mostly miss Christmas with the K10D. If it
does arrive before Christmas in countries that celebrate the holiday, it
will be at best 7-10 days in advance. This is not enough time to gain
recognition of the product for the many potential buyers who don't hang
out on photo fora.

I just don't understand Pentax. They are always shooting themselves in
the foot.

Joe