William Robb wrote:
>Where is the economic advantage to them to put a feature on a camera of
>little benefit to a very small % of the user base?
>One user being willing to buy a feature doesn't make a very rational
>argument for inclding something, does it?
>There is a much larger % of users who wouldn't use it, don't want to
pay
>for it, and may look elsewhere for a camera (read different brand)

And in fact these are the people who represent the most desirable
demographic for Pentax: The college-age crowd just getting into
photography - who may become life-long Pentax users if that's the
system they can be persuaded to buy into today. Despite the elitism we
older, more experienced photographers feel, we aren't a very profitable
long-term investment to pursue.

The people who Pentax most needs to attract weren't even *born* in 1982
when the "A" series lenses were introduced! (Isn't that a scary thought
for a lot of us!)