----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"
Subject: RE: The JCO survey

> No way, I bet they are still a small fraction of total camera
> Sales. The mainstream is still very heavily digital p&s.

Umm John, if you go back and read Adam's post, you will note he is
talking unit volumes of SLR sales, not % of SLR sales to P&S camera
sales.
The SLR has definitely taken a surge in popularity of late and it is
younger people who are pushing the numbers.
I invite you to read:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05071804infotrend_dcsales.asp

Here is a small excerpt:

"One of the brightest spots for digital camera vendors has been the
Digital SLR. Canon’s Digital Rebel and Nikon’s D70 were two of the best
selling models of 2004, despite their higher average prices. Photo
hobbyists have been attracted to the powerful features of these cameras.
InfoTrends/CAP Ventures expects the consumer DLSR market grow 81% in
2005."

The thread is about DSLRs, why are you introducing P&S cameras.
They are irrelevant.

William Robb