Small fraction, getting larger quickly as they are the only actually
profitable segment of the camera market (Well, disposables are
profitable too, but that's more the film market). Margins are so low on
P&S cameras that there is essentially no actual profit in them today.

But Nikon alone is selling more than a million cameras a year of each of
their low-end models. Canon's probably over 1.5 million Rebel XT's in
the last year.

Pentax sells around 150,000 DSLR's a year, although that's headed
upwards with the K100D/K110D and K10D introductions.

Note the late 70's was the only time that SLR's were ever close to a
majority of sales, as the gap between fixed-lens rangefinders and AF P&S
cameras occured then. Previously fixed focus instamatic/box cameras
dominated the market, with TLR's then fixed-lens Rangefinders taking up
the rest of the consumer market.

-Adam