On Oct 19, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Digital Image Studio wrote:

> I don't know if you still have your "inside contact" but for the rest
> of use the information flow is limited, interrupted, confusing and yes
> they may provide information before release but what's the value in
> that when the products are far behind the rest of the market?

I don't have any "inside contacts". I also don't think Pentax is
doing a bad job of letting users know what they're planning ... I
don't see any other companies producing an annual "Lens Roadmap".
Nikon and Canon, the two leading makes in DSLR market share, don't
tell users much at all until they're ready to ship a product.

Regards 'high ISO' ... I'll evaluate the K10D when I have one in my
hands. Speculating based on a pile of assumptions and rumors, looking
at photos made with immature firmware smuggled out to the public,
tells me nothing useful. You folks who keep pursuing this nonsense
sure have a whole lot of spare time on your hands.

As I said once before, if the damn thing totally sucks I'll know it
in a day or three and I'll return it, then start planning my next
camera system purchase. The *ist DS bodies and Pentax lenses I own
now will continue to do a good job. Based on my experience with
Pentax gear over the past year and a half, I don't think I'll have
anything to worry about, however.

Godfrey