On 20/10/06, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't have any "inside contacts". I also don't think Pentax is
> doing a bad job of letting users know what they're planning ... I
> don't see any other companies producing an annual "Lens Roadmap".
> Nikon and Canon, the two leading makes in DSLR market share, don't
> tell users much at all until they're ready to ship a product.

I agree about the lenses, they seem to be keeping us in the loop with,
that's since they started production again. Body information seems to
be far more rumor driven.

> Regards 'high ISO' ... I'll evaluate the K10D when I have one in my
> hands. Speculating based on a pile of assumptions and rumors, looking
> at photos made with immature firmware smuggled out to the public,
> tells me nothing useful. You folks who keep pursuing this nonsense
> sure have a whole lot of spare time on your hands.

I do not have "spare time" at the moment but I do have more time to
speculate than to go out shooting so that's what I'll continue to do.

> As I said once before, if the damn thing totally sucks I'll know it
> in a day or three and I'll return it, then start planning my next
> camera system purchase. The *ist DS bodies and Pentax lenses I own
> now will continue to do a good job. Based on my experience with
> Pentax gear over the past year and a half, I don't think I'll have
> anything to worry about, however.

I can honestly say that I've never returned a purchase because I've
made the wrong decision when there is absolutely nothing wrong with
the product. I guess that's why I haven't pre-ordered and why I'm very
keen to see high ISO RAW images.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA