From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
P. J. Alling
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:48 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: The JCO survey

As I said how many people read the manual?  Secondly I don't know which
*ist-D manual you have and I don't have the D manual nearby but I have
the *ist-Ds manual which if I remember correctly contains exactly the
same passage as that for the D, (lots of cut and  paste I'm sure)  Page
177 Functions Available with various lens combinations.  "Only DA and FA

J lenses and D FA/FA/F/A lenses with an A position on the Aperture ring
can be used on this camera."  Which then refers you to a note on another

page about aperture rings.  After that first statement why even look at
the note?  This is poorly written even for a camera manual.  I'm not
going to go through the manual for other examples.  I know they're
there.  You sir are mistaken.