Minolta was killed off by their failure to bring to market a DSLR in a
timely fashion, compounded by their failure to take early advantage of
their lead in AF SLR systems. This had nothing to do with the fact that
they successfully caried two incompatible mounts for nearly 20 years
before being killed by a sea change in the entire marketplace.

-Adam