Jack Davis wrote:
> A system I'm going to follow, to a greater degree, in the future. I
> usually replace the front cap if moving on to the next possible shoot,
> especially if traveling a dirt or gravel road.

Same here.  When I pack up to go for the day, or have a longish break, I
"put everything back together" again.

> searching every inch of my rig for that one cap I

I have one specific pocket on my bag that that receives all caps, front,
lens, body, view finder, hot shoe, ...

> I, also, spend some time changing from whatever filter back to a UV. (I
> think I want the UV when in higher elevations).

I rarely use filters, except the occasional polarizer, so that's not
really an issue.  I usually remove the filters, though not always.

> Seems I've used every lens during the day. I did buy a couple folding
> filter pouches and find them much handier than the frustration of
> looking for the correct size filter case.

Not only "yeah", but "Hell, yeah!".  I gave up on the little round
thingies a long time ago.

> Ever leave a lens perched on a rock or log and walk off without it?

Uh, no.  If it came out of the bag, it goes into the bag.  I have walked
off without my camera bag with everything in it, though.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)