There were two independent camera shops in Pittsburgh. Now there is
just one (which has a *very* dodgy reputation - most serious pros I
know won't do business with them). The one I did some work for closed
last year after 58 years in business.

True stories:

I had a woman come in with a point-n-shoot camera with film stuck in
it. I took her camera into the darkroom and was able to remove the film
without damaging either the film or the camera. Of course I didn't
charge her for this. Since I had her film at hand I assumed she'd like
it developed and printed. Oh no, she wouldn't have us - the ones who
just helped her out at no charge - process one this roll of film
because the supermarket around the corner would do it three dollars
cheaper.

One other time, the owner had a customer who wanted some advice on
digital cameras so he could make a more intelligent purchasing decision
in the Internet. Yes, he actually said that to the owner's face as if
there was nothing unusual or rude about it.