It's interesting you should say that. As a native reader/speaker of
English it is immediately obvious to me, but I believe another
non-native speaker on this list once confessed to being baffled by the
use of commas in English, and the way their particular placement can
alter meaning. Do other non-native speakers find them difficult?

If you'd like me to explain this instance in the contract, please ask.

--
Cheers,
 Bob