In the studio, I rarely shoot at anything wider than f8, so constant
aperture is a non starter. What's more, I always shoot primes in the
studio. Why not? It's a predetermined setup,  However, I do like the
DA 16-45 a great deal and use it extensively for events, walkarounds,
family pics and more. I have used it for published photos when the
subject was an event. No problems. Very good lens. In my experience,
it's among the very best zooms Pentax has ever produced. While my
experience with zooms certainly doesn't include all the Pentax
variations, from among those I've shot with, I would count it second
to only the DA 12-24/4.
Paul