On Nov 1, 2006, at 8:05 AM, Walter Hamler wrote:

>> "So Walter, what did you think of the 45mm? Which one did you have?"
>
> I had the 45mm f/2.8 manual focus version. I bought it used and my
> only
> complaint was the focus was a little stiff to me. All the others
> were bought
> new and were like "butter".

Thanks. I had an offer from a friend to sell him his 645 and A45/2.8
with some accessories at a pretty good price. Since I've never used
this equipment (other 645s yes, but never the Pentax) I'm curious
about it.

> Another post referred to the 45~85 zoom being sharper. I never used
> one but
> the size and weight made me disinterested from the beginning. Six
> to 8 hours
> of hauling around the camera setups I used in weddings were an
> immediate
> reason to keep everything as light as possible!

I think Pål was referring to the FA45. I have no idea how similar the
two lenses are optically.

I agree with you about keeping the weight down. Medium format
equipment is always a lot to carry about for any length of time. My
usual inclinations on MF equipment have always been to use just one
or two wide angle lenses and leave telephoto for smaller formats,
partially for this reason. Tele FoV for a 645 or 6x6 takes a large
and heavy lens.

Godfrey