At 01:44 AM 9/9/01 -0700, you wrote:
>So, I'm considering the FA 77/1.8, FA 85/1.4, FA 135/2.8, or FA 200/2.8. I'm
>also open to the A*200/4 Macro. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some
>feedback about the performance of these lenses in the scenario I described.

One time I was asked to take some portraits of someone and I accidentally
grabbed my 200mm lens instead of the 90mm which I had intended. It was very
hard to work with the increased camera-subject distance. Also, the
increased focal length makes the background bigger even though it was
out-of-focus. Long story short, the results sucked.

Also, be careful with using macro lenses for portraits. I took some
portraits with one once and every pore in the skin showed up perfectly.
With portraits, there's such a thing as too sharp.

Gary J. Sibio