Hi,

I see you've gotten a couple of responses, and I'd pretty much echo those.
For the most part, it almost doesn't matter what brand of SD card you get,
although I'd suggest sticking with those that have been mentioned here
since they are proven cards.  Lexar is good but pricey, as is Kingston,
although, based on just one or two tests, some of the Kingston cards seem
slow for their rated speed.  Best bet might be to check prices @ newegg or
your favorite store, see what's offered in the 150X range, and read a few
reviews of the cards.

TheK10D will take 4GB SDHC cards, although a few of us here suggest
sticking with the 2GB cards until there are more card readers and cards
available with the new standard.

I'd look at the NP-400 battery for the Minolta as a good choice for
replacing the proprietary battery for the Pentax.  It's been reported that
it's the same battery.

But John, why buy accessories before getting the camera, or at least so
much before.  Prices on cards and batteries may come down, and there may be
some better options if you wait a bit.  Of course, it doesn't hurt to start
looking and doing some research now.

Shel