> > Usually a 1GB card in the DS will carry me through shooting
> for a day, but
> > there have been a few times when I've needed more capacity,
> which I now
> > have in the way of multiple 1GB cards.  I was going to buy
> a 2GB card, but
>
> 1GB a day? :-O
>
> I don't have a digital SLR yet (hence I don't shoot RAW), but I've
> managed to store 3 weeks of pictures to 768MB worth of
> storage (~2MB a
> picture). Ok, I'm cheating a bit because I had 5 rolls of
> film as well,
> but still...
>
> How do you store all those pictures?

That's one of the gotchas of digital photography. I shoot raw and get
about 74 frames per card (1gb, I think - cam't be bothered to go and
look). Each frame is about 14mb. It didn't take me long to figure out
that I need a large disk to have enough capacity, so I bought a 250gb
drive. Fortunately they're quite cheap now.

I haven't really got a backup strategy for it yet though. Well, apart
from 'nothing is going to go wrong'.

Bob