Let's not discount comments by the people @ dpreview.  A more prudent
approach might be to read the dp threads, and then see if and how those
problems come to bear with the cameras used by PDMLers.  There could very
well be some problems that need attention or manifest themselves in certain
circumstances.

Your focus comment, for example, is a good one.  When I first got my DS I
noticed getting good, accurate focus was a sometimes thing, until John
Celio showed me how the sensors worked and helped me to set the camera
properly.  I had some other problems that turned out to be human error, and
once figured out I've been happy ever since.

However, I did notice a problem with banding on one or two frames when
using one of Bruce's istD's.  Never did figure out what caused the problem,
and Bruce never mentioned it here AFAIK, so it may have been just an
anomaly.

Still, to dismiss complaints from various users of _new_ cameras is
probably not a good way to go about evaluation the camera for strengths and
weaknesses, especially if you're making some important pics.

Shel