I think it was the falll of 1998 for me.  I also found the link from the
Pentax website.

My first post was on the purchase of a PZ-1p and how camera shops tried to
avoid selling it to me.  In the end they didn't. I bought it over the web
from Camera World of Oregon, before they were just another Ritz outfit.

Tom C.