On 12/3/06, Shel Belinkoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> .. have you participated in the PDML, in its various iterations.
<snip>
> Do any of the old timers recall how they heard about the list?

Well, I don't consider myself an old timer, but I've been here a while, I guess.

Got my first computer around the spring of 2000 - the girl I just
broke up with gave it to me (out of guilt? pity?).  I know that I got
onto a Spotmatic discussion group (Peter Jonkman's) which morphed into
a Group that was taken over by Yahoo - afaik, they're still there.

Someone from that Spottie group (a certain Ray Allen of Sydney, Oz,
FWIW) told me about this one, and I think I started lurking somewhere
around the summer or early fall of 2000.  Started posting/submitting
to PUG shortly thereafter, if memory serves.

So, my best guess would be mid-2000 sometime.

cheers,
frank