I don't know, I bought a friend a KX as a Christmas present a few years
ago, to replace a stolen K1000.  She's never used and went darkside
digital not long after for a trip to India.  Ended up using a Minolta
film P&S leaving the DR at home.  (Yes, I know. I don't understand
either).  Just remember the newest KX is going to be 30 years old, and
relatively rare, with many fewer donor bodies for parts.  Especially the
meter which is pretty much unique to this model.  If I were worried
about longevity I'd look at a KM, I believe that a K1000 meter could be
an almost direct replacement if it ever went bad.

Jens Bladt wrote:
> Does anyone have a KX?
> Is it as reliable (meter, durability) as the K1000, please?
>
> I miss having a fully manual no nonsence Pentax film body, since I sold my
> K1000.
> The Black KX's is quite pleasing to the eye.
> Regards
>
> Jens Bladt
> http://www.jensbladt.dk
> +45 56 63 77 11

Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.
                        --Albert Einstein