This seems to be off-topic at the moment. I am not
trying to be insensitive, but I had to share. I waited
a whole 13 hours.

I got my very first LX today. It is so wonderfully
gorgeous. I fall more in love with it every moment (I
really need to get out more, don't I). It is lovely to
hold, and wind on. The shutter makes a glorious clunk.
It reminds me of my beloved Spottie, only better.

Now I have one or two (maybe more) questions.
1. I remember some talk about the tri-function lever
on the front. MLU which I managed, and what else? I
seem to remember something about a self-timer, but
can't seem to work it.
2. The dial on top has me really perplexed. It goes
from ¼x to 4x. What is it?
3. Doesn't it work with FA lens on shutter-priority? I
thought I had wrecked it, because the mirror got
locked up when I pressed the shutter. However, after a
while I thought of turning S/S dial off auto, and it
came down.
4. Serial number 527****. How old?
5. Can you get the lugs and grip off? How? How strong
are the lugs?

Thanks for your help.

I am doing a B&W photography course at the local
Polytech starting 23rd October evenings for eight
weeks. I think there is a field-trip too on a weekend.
That should be fun to use a darkroom again.

Jody.