Neat stuff!

These shells are very beautiful. The ringlight gives a somewhat flat,
clinical lighting ... more of a scientific recording than capturing
their beauty. Probably fine for the purposes you have articulated,
but I think you could do better justice to the subject matter,
artistically, with more directional lighting.

Doug's notion of using a fibre optic light source sounds very
interesting ... !

Godfrey